It's been on my mind a lot these last few weeks in preparation for Thanksgiving as to what I am grateful for. In a talk that was given in church last Sunday a girl asked, "If you were only given what your thanked Heavenly Father for in your prayers last night, what would you have?". So my prayers this week have been full of gratitude. And since this is the official day of Thanks, I am here to give my thanks to some of my favorite things:
- I'm so extremely grateful to have a husband that fully supports me and loves me. We have been married 10 years and he still makes me laugh all the time. I love his goofiness, his compassion for others, and the way he get's down with the boys and play fights just like he was a little kid himself.
- I am SO happy I have 4 healthy boys. Health seems to be taken for granted so much these days and I am so happy we are healthy!
- I am grateful to have a baby in our home right now. Ryland makes me smile every day. He is such a happy baby and the love that we all have for him just fills up our home. (In fact the boys were fighting over who loved Ryland the most last night).
- I am so glad we have a home that keeps us warm/cool.
- I'm so glad we have not just one, but 2 reliable cars. I know what its like to not have a car you can rely on, and it sucks.
- I'm grateful for the sun. I love the warmth it provides us here in Texas. Sunny days are my favorite and I'm so glad we get to have them so much here!
- I'm grateful for a family that supports each other, on both sides.
- I'm grateful for my parents. I spent 5 weeks with them this summer and loved every minute of it. We just mesh. I love my Dad for the show he puts on to be grumpy grandpa but then takes my boys up the canyon in the 4 wheeler and plays games with them. I love my mom for her listening ear and her eternal optimism.
- I'm grateful for so many people in the scriptures, but esp for Nephi. He is my favorite and my true hero. I'm so glad that they endured the trials that they did so that we could learn from them.
- I'm forever grateful for my Lord and Savior. He has given me all these things and for that, I can't even express the gratitude I feel for him.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. May your day be full of turkey, good friends and family.